1939 Retro Hugo Award Winners
4 January 2015 - the Loncon 3 Artist Showcase is now available to download in PDF format.
1939 Retro Hugo Award Winners
14 August 2014 - Loncon 3 is delighted to announce the 1939 Retro Hugo Award winners.
Record Hugo Participation
7 August 2014 - Loncon 3 is proud to announce that it received 3,587 valid ballots for the 2014 Hugo Awards. More details here.
Cosmonaut at Loncon 3
Programme now available
24 July 2014 - The schedule is now available through our programme guides here.
Hugo Ceremony Hosts announced
17 July 2014 - The 2014 Hugo Ceremony will be hosted by leading science fiction and fantasy authors Justina Robson and Geoff Ryman. More details here
Fantastic partnership with BFI
17 July 2014 - Loncon 3 has joined forces with the British Film Institute to celebrate the UK's long heritage of science fiction and the fantastic on television. More details here
08 July 2014 - LAST CALL: all requests for accessible accomodation must be received no later than midnight Thursday 10 July. More details here
PEN/H G Wells lecture
08 July 2014 - Audrey Niffenegger will give the first PEN / H G Wells lecture at Loncon 3. More details here
06 July 2014 - We're offering a service for booking mobility scooters. More details here
Theatre programme announced
04 July 2014 - We have released full details of our exciting theatre programme. Full details here
Childcare at Loncon 3
Progress Report 4 Now Available
02 July 2014 - Download your electronic copy of our last Progress Report here. Full of essential information for getting to and enjoying the convention.
02 July 2014 - We have a number of specific tasks for which we're seeking volunteers. In most cases no prior experience is needed and it's a great way to meet people and be a part of Loncon 3. Details here
1939 Retro Hugo Voter Packet
01 July 2014 - The 1939 Retro Hugo Voter Packet is now available
20 June 2014 - For a taste of Loncon 3 at a low price, we are offering a limited number of Hall passes for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
15 June 2014 - We are today sending emails to all our programme participants with a first draft of their schedules. It's going to be an amazing programme!
Membership rates to increase on 14 July
10 June 2014 - Loncon 3 membership rates will rise on 14 July: Adult rates increase to £135 (US$225); family rates become £300 (US$500); all other attending rates also rise. Join now to beat the increase! Full details here
Additions to 2014 Hugo Voter Packet
10 June 2014 - The voter packet has been updated to include new material in the following categories: Fan Artist, Related Work, Short Story, Novelette and Novella. Members can download the packet here.
Hugo Voting Now Open
Worldcon Philharmonic Orchestra
03 June 2014 - The highlight of Loncon 3's music programme will be a concert by the Worldcon Philharmonic Orchestra
Masquerade and costumes at Loncon 3
03 June 2014 - If you love costumes and costuming, check out our new information about the Masquerade and Hall Costumes at Loncon 3. You can register today! More details
Sponsor Loncon 3
We expect at least 8,000 people to attend Loncon 3 – including readers, writers, artists, publishers, editors, costumers, and other genre enthusiasts from all walks of life. The majority of attendees will come from the UK (estimate 5,000), Continental Europe (estimate 800) and North America (estimate 2,000) but we will also have representation from the Middle and Far East as well as Australia and New Zealand.
Sponsoring Loncon 3 provides an unrivalled opportunity for you to connect with this audience. Whether you are a fan convention or club, or a commercial business, we can give you a platform. By sponsoring us, you are also helping to fund this unique non-profit event, and continue its 75-year history.
We have summarised our main sponsorship opportunities below. If you are interested in any of these, or have a suggestion of your own, please contact us at email@example.com.
Loncon 3 will be producing a range of publications which will be distributed to members in printed and/or electronic format.
We primarily accept advertising in our Progress Reports and our full colour Souvenir Book. Tiered rates are available for fan, semi-professional, and professional advertisers.
It is also possible to sponsor specific publications including:
- Pocket Programme (also known as the “Read Me” or Convention Guide). This is given to all attending members; it contains the full programme schedule and is will be referenced frequently by those attending. It is available for sponsorship, with clear sponsor credits and a full-page advertisement, to a single sponsor with no other advertising featured.
- Hugo Award Ceremony booklet. This is given to all members attending the Hugo Award Ceremony which is one of our major events and attracts significant publicity, including from press outside the SF community.
- Artist Showcase. A full-colour, limited edition publication featuring the biographies and work of the artists taking part in our Art Show.
There are a number of exhibits and other projects in the Exhibits Hall which can be sponsored by either organisations or individuals.
- Science Poster Sessions. We are delighted to announce
Ruskin University as sponsor for the Science
Poster sessions at the World Science Fiction Convention.
- Banners. We plan to hang spaceship banners in the main Exhibits Hall: each banner costs around £800. Sponsors will have their logo on the banner alongside artwork from our Guest of Honour Chris Foss - and will get to keep the banner after the convention. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for banner sponsorship.
- Exhibits Catalogue. We are hoping to produce an Art and Exhibits Catalogue. Contact email@example.com if you’re interested in advertising in the catalogue or sponsoring its production.
- Sponsor a Bench. We will have social seating throughout the Exhibits Hall. To celebrate our Guest of Honour Robin Hobb’s classic novel Wizard of the Pigeons (as by Megan Lindholm) we’ve decided to use street benches. In return for £250/$350 we’ll affix a plaque with the words of your choice – within reason! You can celebrate your business, the award you run or dedicate it to a member of the SF community who’ll be missed at Loncon 3. See our Bench Sponsorship page for full details and a list of currently confirmed sponsors.