Exhibit Your Art
These pages set out all the current information relating to the Loncon 3 Art Show. We have attempted to anticipate your questions/requirements but of course we might have missed some out; in which case, let us know!
We are happy to receive emailed queries or suggestions (where practicable), and want to encourage good dialogue between organisers and artists. Feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Wilson and Serena Culfeather, Loncon 3 Art Show Directors
Art Show Rules
You must read and accept the Art Show Rules before registering to book space in the Art Show. The Rules can be found on the following pages.
- Basic Information
- Display Space
- Sales, Fees and Payments
- Conditions and Cancellations
- Arrivel and Departure
Loncon 3 reserves the right to make changes or interpret differently the Art Show Rules should unforeseen circumstances arise. Any interpretations will be guided by the spirit, rather than the letter, of these Rules at the discretion of the committee of Loncon 3.
Art Show Schedule
The Art Show schedule is as follows.
- Artist Check-in and Hanging:
- Wednesday, 13 August, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thursday, 14 August, 10 a.m. - 12 noon
- Public Opening:
- Thursday, 14 August, 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday, 15 August, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday, 16 August, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 17 August, 10 a.m. - 12 noon
- Art Auction: Sunday, 17 August, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Early Buyer Pickup and After Auction Sales: Sunday, 17 August, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Buyer Pickup and After Auction Sales: Monday, 18 August, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Artist Check-Out and Art Collection: Monday, 18 August, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Art Show Registration
Once you have read and understood the Art Show Rules, you can register for space in the Art Show using the online registration form.
We will try to acknowledge all applications by email within a maximum of three working days. When we confirm your registration, we will provide you with a registration code, and a link to our online payment page. You will then need to pay for your space, quoting the code we have provided so we can link the payment to your application.
Art Programme and Related Activities
Art activities at Loncon 3 are not limited to the Art Show, and attending Artists will be able to take part in a number of ways.
- We will be running two Artist Hours where all attending Artists will be asked to be available in the Art Show by their displays to meet and interact with members.
- We will be scheduling Docent Tours of the Art Show, led by a mix of artists, art directors, and collectors.
- We will have a full range of Art Programming, including discussion panels, presentations and interviews, as well as signing sessions and kaffeeklatsches.
- Last but certainly not least, we are running an Artists in Residence initiative and an active series of Demonstrations. Please see this page for details.
We will provide more information on Art Show hours and move-in / move-out arrangements nearer to the convention.
We plan to make the usual Art Show forms (Master Inventory Sheets, Bid Sheets, Print Shop Control Sheets, etc) available around June 2014. The forms will be available for download from this page when ready.
We are pleased to confirm that we are able to accept mail-in Art (within an overall limit), due to the extra effort required from the Art Show team - applications for mail-in will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. See the Mail-in and Shipping page for details.
We are also pleased to confirm that, as in 2005, we are offering a consolidated shipping service for artists based in North America. We will consolidate the artworks for all artists using the service into a single transatlantic shipment which will be handled by our shipping partner, Expofreight. This will significantly reduce the costs and effort for North American artists to take part in the Loncon 3 Art Show. Again, please refer to the Mail-in and Shipping page for details.
"The Twin Parliaments of Pyrrus" by Loncon 3 Attending Artist John Harris