Art Show - Sales, Fees and Payments
Loncon 3 is following the standard Worldcon Art Show model whereby artists pay a fixed fee at the time of registration for their display space and Print Shop entries, and then a standard commission on sold work.
Artists will receive settlement after the Art Show, once Loncon 3 has received and cleared all buyer payments and validated all paperwork. Settlement will be based on the total received for sold work, minus commission and any agreed deductions (in particular, the cost of return shipping/postage for artists using the mail-in or shipping services).
Entry Fees and Commission
Our space reservation fees are as follows. Please note that all fees are inclusive of VAT (UK Sales Tax).
- £30 per full size panel (6 feet wide by 4 feet high / 183 by 123 cm) (maximum of 4 per artist)
- £20 per small panel (4 feet wide by 4 feet high / 123 by 123 cm) (maximum of 1 per artist)
- £30 per table (6 by 2.5 feet / 183 by 76 cm)
- £15 per half table (3 by 2.5 feet / 91 by 76 cm)
- Print Shop fee is £1 per item (not per different image)
- Projected Art: £10 per image or £40 for 5 images (maximum)
- Mail-In Surcharge: £10 per full size panel or full table
Please note that the full size and small panels are an either/or option. The small panel is designed for artists who only have a limited amount of art to sell and do not wish to take a full 6' x 4' space.
Refer to the Display Space page for more information on the display space and hall layout.
Commission will be charged at 10% (inclusive of VAT) on all sales. Note that artists will not be charged a separate or additional fee to cover credit card service charges.
The total fees collected go towards the Art Show’s expenses. This includes function space, security arrangements and guards, postage, credit card usage fees, office supplies, display furniture, extra lighting and A/V equipment, electricity, and our share of the general costs of the convention.
Paying for Your Display Space
As explained in the Basic Information, artists must first register using our online registration form. We will contact you to confirm your space allocation and at that point you will be asked to pay your entry fees.
Art Pricing and Sales, including "Buy it Now" Option
All sale prices and reserves will be posted in pounds sterling (GBP).
- In line with normal Worldcon practice, artists will be asked to set a minimum bid price for each piece of work in the main Art Show, and a fixed purchase price for each print in the Print Shop.
- For works in the main show, the bid sheets will then allow bidders to compete. When the Art Show closes prior to the live Art Auction on Sunday, any items with full sheets (typically around 6 bids) will go to the Auction, while all other items will be sold to the final (highest) listed bidder.
- In addition this year, we are offering artists the option to offer an optional "Buy it Now" price. We expect up to 3,000 single day attendees passing through the convention, and it is not realistic to expect these single day attendees to return later in the weekend to see if they have won their bid. This option will give everyone a chance to buy from the Art Show, increasing overall artist sales.
- The "Buy it Now" price (naturally set at an appropriate level which the artist would be comfortable with) will enable a buyer to immediately purchase a piece of art provided that that item has no other bids on it already, and to pay and collect their art immediately.
- The "Buy it Now" price will also double as the after-Auction price for unsold artworks.
Payments to Artists
Loncon 3 acknowledges its obligation to pay each artist the monies collected from the sale of their artwork minus any fees and/or commissions stated in these rules and agreed to by the artist by their submission of a signed Art Show Reservation Form.
Prompt payment to exhibiting artists is of the highest importance to Loncon 3. Although payments are not being made to artists at the time of the end of the convention, our aim is to mail payments as soon as possible after the convention. As information becomes available, it will be forwarded to artists.
"The Once and Future King 2" by Loncon 3 Attending Artist Chris Achilleos