Artist Arrival and Departure
Artists will be able to check in and hang their art between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Wednesday, 13 August, and between 10 a.m. and 12 Noon on Thursday, 14 August. The show will open to the public at 1 p.m. on Thursday, 14 August.
We recognize that some artists may only be arriving at or after 12 Noon on Thursday, you will be able to check in but please appreciate you will have to work around our final preparations for opening the show (or, if after 1 p.m., around members who looking around the show!)
Artists will be able to collect their unsold art and check out from around 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, 17 August, and between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday, 18 August.
For check-out, please be aware that we will be very busy with buyer pick-up on Sunday afternoon and there are likely to be queues - we would prefer artists to check out on Monday morning wherever possible.
Art MUST be collected by 2 p.m. on Monday. We have a strict schedule
to exit the Hall which requires us to start disassembling the show promptly at this
time. Any art which is not collected by 2 p.m. may need to be taken down by the Art Show
team and moved elsewhere for temporary storage.
Driving to ExCeL
Information on driving to ExCeL can be found here.
ExCeL also provide a useful driving map for the immediate locality
Parking at ExCeL
ExCeL has extensive public parking, this is also described on their driving page.
The majority of onsite parking is Pay and Display except for the Royal Victoria multi-storey which is at the West end of the site (the convention is at the East end). Parking across the site costs £15 for up to 24 hours. Please note that unfortunately we have no concessions on these parking rates.
Most of the hotels around ExCeL include some parking for residents; please check with your hotel for specific terms and prices.
A useful parking map is available.
Getting Your Art to the Show
The Art Show is situated in the Exhibit Hall which is on Level 1. (Ground level is Level 0).
There are two options for moving your art into the Show.
1. Through the "Front Door"
The first option is to simply carry your art by hand into the Show from the main Boulevard. This option is available at any time during the move-in period, and is suitable for artists who are happy to carry their art from their hotel, the train station, or the public car park.
- First go to the Registration area on Level 0, at the Eastern end of ExCeL, and collect a Move-In/Move-Out (MIMO) sticker. This will allow you to go into the Exhibits Hall while it is closed to the public.
- Now take your art to the Exhibits Hall. Lifts and escalators are available to take you up from level 0 to level 1. You can enter the Exhibit Hall through door N11. The Art Show is on the left hand side, with the entrance about one-third of the way down the Hall.
2. Through the "Back Door"
For those driving with larger displays or who need extra help, it is possible to access the back of the Exhibit Hall directly from the loading dock. Note that the dock can ONLY be used when the Hall is closed to the public - so this is only available during the main move-in hours listed above. (Note also that we will NOT be able to open the dock during the main move-out hours as these occur while the rest of the Hall is still open to members.)
- You will first need to pre-book a slot for using the dock. Each slot is 1 hour long. If you would like to take up this option, please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible, letting us know when you expect to arrive, and we will then confirm your booking.
- On arrival, you will need to drive to the traffic control point on the North side of ExCeL (across Sandstone Lane, as shown on the map above - this is clearly signposted), where you will be held until the dock is free.
- You will then be directed to the dock, where you can unload your art. We are using docks N20, N21 and N22. Direct drive-in access to the floor will be available for cars, vans, etc.
- As soon as you have unloaded your art, you will need to drive away from the dock area and park at your hotel or in the ExCeL public car parks. Cars cannot be left in the dock area!
There is no charge for using the dock service but obviously you may need to pay for wherever you leave your vehicle subsequently.