Art Show Rules - Basic Information
All entries to the Art Show must be original works of a science fiction, fantasy, horror, astronomical, fannish or similarly-related theme. We can accept artwork in any medium including jewellery, sculptures, photographs, computer-generated or audio-visual.
- Only one copy of a print or reproduction may be displayed in the Art Show itself. Multiple copies can be sold in the Print Shop but the same image cannot be in both unless the item in the Art Show is the original.
- Artists may enter the Art Show and/or Print Shop (either directly or via an agent), but each artist may enter only once. Several artists may enter as a group, but group entries are held to the same limits as for a single artist entry: every piece submitted must be the work of (one or more of) the entering artist(s).
- Every piece submitted must be the work of the entering artist. Collaborative works may be submitted by any of the collaborators, but all collaborators must be named as artists of the piece. Collaborative works are held to the same limits as for a single artist entry.
- Not-For-Sale (NFS) work is accepted in the Art Show and will be eligible for awards, but we request that at least half of your work is offered for sale. You must also make it clear on the accompanying Bid Sheet that a piece of art is NFS.
- All two-dimensional (flat) entries must be matted, mounted or framed and ready to be hung securely at the show. Prints must be mounted or matted. All items to be entered must be finished before they are brought into the Art Show.
- Pre-owned Art (i.e. re-sales from collections) will be accepted at our discretion. Please enquire first (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We reserve the right to reject any work that is physically hazardous, is a nuisance (e.g. noise, intense or flashing lights), is a copyright infringement, is libelous or is patently offensive by community standards. Once a piece of artwork has been signed into the Art Show or Print Shop, it may not be withdrawn, nor may any conditions of its sale (such as minimum bid) be changed for the duration of the show.
Please note that Loncon 3 takes no responsibility for damage incurred at the show due to faulty hardware installed by the artist on their work.
Art Show Location
The Art Show will be located in the main Exhibits Hall, adjacent to the Dealers' Zone and Exhibits space. This is central to the convention space in the ExCeL Centre. We expect in excess of 8,000 people to pass through the Hall during the convention.
The Art Show will primarily be composed of around 200 pegboard panels measuring 6 feet long by 4 feet high (approx 183 by 123 cm) for flat artwork, along with tables for 3D art and open space for free-standing artworks. There will also be provision for projected art. More details are available here.
If you have special requests (e.g. odd size displays, audio-visual requirements) please make this clear on the entry form; we will do our best to accommodate you.
The Print Shop will have a separate display area with all copies of each print hung on large / extended pegboard hooks. These items will require a Print Shop Label rather than a Bid Sheet because they will be sold at a fixed price and will not go to auction. Buyers will be able to purchase and take away Print Shop items throughout the convention.
You must have between 3 and 10 identical copies of each image entered into the Print Shop. Copies of an image that are of a different size (matted vs. mounted, etc.) should be considered as separate images when you are completing your Control Sheet Inventory.
We will accept 3D items if and only if they can be hung in self-packaging. You must purchase Print Shop panel space; there is a per-item fee (see Sales, Fees and Payments section).
How to Reserve Display Space
To enter the Loncon 3 Art Show and/or Print Shop, please fill out and return the Art Show Registration Form as soon as possible.
- Advance reservations are required – no space will be available at the door.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your entry form, indicating how much space has been reserved for you.
- Artist registrations will be taken up to at least the end of May 2014, although we may extend this nearer the time. If all space has already been reserved when we receive your registration, you will be put on a Waiting List for cancellations.
- If some or all of your requested space has been wait-listed, we will inform you of this immediately and you will be contacted as soon as the situation changes.
Have Art to Display but Can't Attend?
Please refer to our Mail-in and Shipping page.
"Fantastic Travel Destinations : The English Channel" by Loncon 3 Attending Artist Autun Pursur